We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic Electrical Engineer who enjoys being part of a tight-knit multidisciplinary team. Omni Powertrain has created the most compact, powerful, light weight axial flux electric motor powertrain systems on earth. Innovation is our core value and whether we are manufacturing mechanical drivetrains for agricultural equipment, hydrostatic powertrain systems for off-highway equipment or state-of-the-art electric powertrain systems for commercial vehicles and motorsports, we strive to exceed the power and quality demanded by our clients no matter their industry.
Our diverse family of manufacturing firms ensure that Omni always provides unparalleled service, distribution, and support. From conception through development, we have a single objective: to provide the highest performance electric, hydrostatic and mechanical powertrain systems that meet the objectives of our clients.
Required and desired qualification:
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/ Mechatronics Engineering (Master’s preferred)
· At least three to five years of professional engineering experience or multiple internships during college with specific emphasis on power electronics, electric drives, motors, and controls.
· Design experience with inverters / converters, power supplies, permanent-magnet ac motors, and advanced ac motor controls such as field-oriented control.
· Must have demonstrated interest in embedded electronics and embedded software development
· Strong ability to handle concurrent fast-paced projects with minimal direction
· Development and editing of top-level system architectures
· Wire harness design, fabrication, and test
· Programming experience especially with embedded C, real time operating systems (RTOS), C/C++ and/or Matlab Simulink Coder (formerly Real-Time Workshop)
· Familiarity with communication protocols like Controller Area Network (CAN), USB, SPI, I2C, Ethernet, etc.
· Electrical test and debug with industry standard tools (oscilloscope, in-circuit debug, digital multimeter, etc.)
· Custom PCB design experience from schematic entry and board layout through fabrication, assembly, and test.
· Familiarity and experience with high performance vehicles (electric vehicles (EV), hybrid electric, race vehicles, Solar Car, Formula SAE, etc) including the design process and components
· Experience in design and fabrication for automotive environments (extreme temperature, shock, vibration, etc)
· Generate technical drawings of systems, components, and interfaces
· Presentation of results and recommendations to internal team and external customers
· Experience with R&D, Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR), venture capital (VC), or similarly funded projects and work effort
· Hands on experience with electromechanical sensors, actuators, and microcontrollers.
· Strong fundamental knowledge of feedback control systems and signal processing.
· Working knowledge of control system for power electronics including motor drives, filters, DC/DC converters, Battery Chemistries, BMS etc.