Omni Powertrain Technologies is a global provider of product solutions for modern powertrains of mechanical, hydraulic, or electrical designs. Our clients are leading OEMs of mobile equipment and industrial machinery. Our products find application in agriculture, construction, mining, commercial vehicles, and motorsports.
We can assist our customers’ product development efforts through our capacity to internally design, develop, and manufacture custom powertrain systems, or by supplying discrete components to their specifications.
We maintain manufacturing and assembly operations on three continents and have developed an excellent supplier base for precision forgings and castings, gray and ductile iron, alloy steels, impact resistant thrust washers and bearings, fasteners, and other quality hardware.
In business since 1958, we are privately owned, customer oriented and focused on succeeding in what we set our eyes on.
We are looking for Mechanical Engineer III, who can deliver & abide by expectations and demands of the market to support various brands and product lines within the company portfolio.
- Design (and review designs for) gears, gear arrangements and gearboxes (utilizing the following gear types and arrangements: spur, helical, worm, bevel, planetary gearing, etc.).
- Perform analysis and calculations to support the required performance and specifications of gearbox design projects and follow through with appropriate documentation.
- Size Gearboxes as per customer provided boundary conditions for specific applications and provide solutions accordingly.
- Incorporate gearbox system components into designs with regards to motors, shafting, bearings, seals, coatings, lubrication, material selection, hardware, etc.
- Incorporating design changes in current product lines as per FMEA Analysis and/or Application changes from the customer.
- Design tools and/or machines of varying types (some of complex nature) for use in the testing of company products (along with verifying intended function and providing schematics and operational documentation).
- Effectively supporting Non-Conformance queries from the customers and providing technical feedback when necessary.
- Efficient Communication between Manufacturing plants located around the globe (America, Asia & Europe) to ensure smooth and meticulous completion of Customer orders and requirements.
- Support customer inquiries regarding customer (custom) applications, application of standard CGI products and engineering assistance (including occasional travel to customer facilities, assisting in customer application design of motion control, participating in trade show booths and advertisement opportunities such as engineering white papers)
- Knowledge and experience concerning design and use of gears, gearing arrangements, gearbox (system) design, mechanical principles and general gear manufacturing practices are essential.
- Experience using gear design software such as KissSoft, TKSolver, GearTrax or similar
Strong drafting skills using solid modeling software programs.
- SolidWorks experience highly essential.
- Knowledge and experience building mechanical and electro-mechanical machinery for testing and automation is essential.
- Knowledge concerning modern fabrication, assembly techniques and machine-shop practices and techniques is desirable.
- Familiarity with Statistical Analysis.
- Familiarity with ISO9000 quality management systems and related requirements.
- Self-initiating and able to work effectively with little direction and/or few guidelines.
- Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing at all levels within the organization as well as with external customers and suppliers.
- Must be able to obtain Hydraulic Specialist Certification &/ Electronic Control Specialist Certification in the long run.
- Working knowledge of computer systems and office software. (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- BSME Degree (4–5year experience) or M.S.M.E. degree or a M.S. degree (1 year experience) with a concentration of coursework in Machine Design, Product Design or engineering applicable to Powertrain Solutions.