Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Position: Sales Engineer
The Sales Engineer has a key role in selling and developing business for Omni Powertrain products. As the customer liaison and voice of the customer the Sales Engineer needs to be skilled in garnering internal support for customer projects while also keeping the customer informed every step of the way. By building relationships with a variety of functions within the customer’s organization, the Sales Engineer becomes the expert at a variety of customers and within select markets.
The Sales Engineer is in constant contact with the target customer base while also prospecting for new opportunities. A key product knowledge communicator, this position plays an important role in keeping Omni and the customer’s engineers working together towards the development of Omni Powertrain systems solutions. Once business is won, the Sales Engineer works closely with internal customer service and inside sales as part of the team to provide exemplary customer service and support.
The Sales Engineer must have a proven track record of closing the sale! The markets Omni Powertrain targets are exciting and fast moving which require an aggressive and persistent sales approach. This position suits a self-reliant person well by allowing them the freedom to fully use their decision-making skills to move projects forward both at the customer location and internally.
The position provides the opportunity to work remotely and requires considerable travel in the United States and Canada.
Experience and Education
- A college or technical degree or 5 years of work-related experience is required for the Sales Engineering position
- Minimum 3 years mechanical/electrical exposure required
- Experience in on-highway and/or driveline products preferred
- Experience with electric motors, controls, and systems desirable
- Minimum 3 years customer facing experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Proficient with Microsoft products
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $2.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
For the safety of our employees, every person that enters the building is required to wear a protective face mask. Additionally, employee desks and work spaces are separated by 6ft.
- Associate (Preferred)
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible